What to discuss if a meeting is set up
If a meeting is set up, you should:
- check the relevant facts on the Acas website
- prepare what you want to say, for example how to explain what you’re unhappy about
- think about what you’d like your employer to do
In the meeting you can:
- explain what the problem is and what you think should happen
- show your manager evidence if necessary, for example your payslips and contract if you think your holiday pay was wrong
- take notes if you want to remember what was said
Resolving the issue should be a two-way process – your manager should allow you to explain the problem and likewise you should listen to what they have to say.
It may not always be possible to solve the problem in the way you’d like, but hopefully you can find a solution that works for both of you.