How to raise a problem at work

Make a claim to an employment tribunal

If you cannot come to an agreement with your employer, you might be able to make a claim to an employment tribunal.

You need to tell Acas you’re going to make a claim. You’ll be offered the option of ‘early conciliation’. This is a free service to help you resolve the issue before it ends up at tribunal.

There is normally a time limit for making a claim. For example, if you think your employer should not have made a deduction from your wages, you need to make a claim within 3 months of the deduction.